Skip to content
FREE U.S. Shipping Over $120*


Demons Behind Me Safe House | Personal Stories - Raw & Unedited

David C.

by James Thelen 08 Apr 2024 0 Comments
I started drinking in high school to be part of the “crowd”. This continued for the years to come but was rarely a case of me getting wasted or beyond my limits per say. Early 2000’s my kids came along, bought a house, had a good job and things were good. I slowly started moving into liquor and it turned into a daily dose. You know, one randomly in the day and then a couple before bed. I worked nights so my hours were crazy. So on…. This only got worse. Jager became my best buddy. I honestly do not know exactly how many years but too many for sure. That I was drinking a bottle a day. A BIG bottle. Lord.. it still seems unreal that that was going on. I started getting sick my nerves, like inside my body nerves, were going crazy. I was starving my body so bad that my muscles were eating me from the inside out to survive. I went from a 3x to a medium. I was having to use a cane to get around. All this time I was basically hiding the alcohol problem and doctors were looking everywhere else. Mind you I’m 42/43 years old. I changed doctors because I was still hurting and my body doing crazy stuff. She immediately sent me for a huge blood work and things. That is when we found that my liver was not happy. Finally one night at home I was hurting, couldn’t sit or stand, was in tears and that was it. I was going to the hospital I couldn’t do it. I think my head was telling me it was the end. My body was shutting down and I was going down drinking. I drank while she was taking me to hospital.  I had officially drank myself to death!! My liver was shutting down. I was glowing brighter than a light bulb yellow. I was third world starved. I was a dead man. The first doctor wasn’t going to put in the work, he just told my wife and my mom to plan my funeral. I wasn’t leaving the hospital any other way. Shift change came and so did my God sent miracle worker. This doctor refused to let me go without a fight and fight we did. Spent 3 weeks in the hospital being fed liquid fat and everything else. He worked on me and with me to the point of going to a rehab facility to learn to walk again and things. Well… there they wanted to give me their idea of my medications and 3 days later I was back in icu fighting to get my numbers under control. Doc still wasn’t giving up and after 5 weeks of this fighting and praying I got to see my house again. This coming February 2024, will be four years. Fours years after my death I still have new life. I haven’t smoked or drank since then. I have no desire to do either even if someone around me is. I thank God for answering prayers and I am forever thankful for all the prayer that went out for me. I don’t know why I got to hang around. But I’m not ever taking it for granted and I’m always going to be a voice to someone when I think they need it. Those demons are behind me!!!


Prev Post
Next Post

Leave a comment

Please note, comments need to be approved before they are published.

Thanks for subscribing!

This email has been registered!

Shop the look

Choose Options

Back In Stock Notification
Product SKURatingDescription Collection Availability Product Type Other Details
this is just a warning
Shopping Cart
0 items